Monday, March 28, 2016

A Pocket Full of Flowers

Hi everyone!
Did you have a lovely Easter?  I hope so!  

Now that spring is here, it's time to start thinking about the garden. What are you going to plant this year.... veggies?  flowers?   Or maybe some of both?  Here's a fun card with a little gift included that would be perfect to send or hand to friends for May Day.



To make this pocket card, I started with a Crumb Cake envelope, and cut off a thin strip across one end.  Then I sealed the envelope to make a pocket. I stamped the front of the envelope using the Hardwood background stamp and Early Espresso ink to give the look of a rustic garden fence.  I used a round punch to cut a half-circle in the open edge.  Inside the pocket is a panel of Crumb Cake card stock with a seed packet attached.  I punched a hole in the panel and used some Linen Thread so that you can easily pull out the seeds.

I stamped the Cosmos from the Helping Me Grow stamp set (on page 20 of the Occasions catalog) in the new Basic Black Archival ink on watercolor paper.  Then I used my aqua painter and stamp pads in Calypso Coral, Rich Razzleberry, and Old Olive to color the flowers.  More Linen Thread wrapped around the stamped panel adds the look of garden twine to the card. 

This would be a fun surprise to place in a co-worker's mailbox or to leave on their desk.  Or, you could slip it into a larger envelope and send it off to a friend or relative who'd be delighted to receive some real mail for a change. 

Hope your week is off to a trouble-free start!
Happy Stamping!
Susan 

No comments:

Post a Comment