Friday, March 11, 2016

birthday card for a wonderful man

Yippee!  It's Friday!
Another reason to be happy... I'm not showing you another Easter card today.  Isn't that a cause for celebration?

Today we are shifting gears and going back to birthday cards for a while.  I don't know about you, but making "guy cards" is not my favorite thing to do. But every once in a while, I force myself to make one, because guys have birthdays too.   I prefer flowers, doilies, lace, pearls, sparkly ribbon, and girly stuff like that.  I can't help it!  I'm still a girl at heart, even though my mirror tells me differently.  Isn't it strange how you always feel the same age inside?  I'm not sure exactly what that age is, but I'm thinking it's somewhere between 12 and 16.  What is your internal age?

Oh, I guess I'd better show you the card...



First of all, I hope you are blessed by having a wonderful man in your life... a husband, father, son, uncle, grandfather, son-in-law, or maybe just a helpful neighbor.  Whoever your wonderful man is, you can make this card for him for his birthday.  The inside says "happy birthday."

I started out with a folded card of Crumb Cake card stock.  On top of that I added a panel that's 5 1/4 by 4.  I embossed it with the
Woodgrain embossing folder after I stamped it with the sentiment.

The DSP is from the Going Places Designer Series Paper Stack on page 39 of the Occasions catalog.  I stamped the compass from the Going Global stamp set (also on page 39) in Archival Black ink on a scrap of Crumb Cake card stock, then punched it out with my 2 inch circle punch.  I added a circle in Basic Black Card stock behind it, using my 2 1/2 inch circle punch.  Some Linen Thread wrapped around 3 times adds some manly texture.  A candy dot in Basic Black or Crumb Cake added to the center of the compass would be a nice accent, but if you're mailing the card, you might want to avoid the bump so that your envelope isn't shredded or torn by the postal people.  

Well, my friends, that wraps up another week at The Classic Card.  
I'm grateful that you come here to read my ramblings and I hope that you sometimes feel inspired to make a card!  May your weekend be just what you'd like it to be!
Hugs and happiness!
Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment