Friday, January 8, 2016

Sky is the Limit, Stampin' Up!

Hi there, stampers!  Happy Friday!

So sorry I missed my Wednesday post.  Is senility setting in?  I thought I had written and scheduled it, but by the time I found that I hadn't taken care of it, it was too late to do anything about it. 
So here I am, with egg on my face, hoping that you will give me a pass.

Are you excited for the weekend ahead?  Have you made some plans to do something relaxing, rejuvenating, or just plain fun?  Quite a few of my customers will be joining me tomorrow for my
Occasions Catalog and Sale-a-bration Kick-Off . I think everyone will be excited to get their new Occasions catalog, which is jam-packed with all sorts of amazing products.  Of course it will be fun to reconnect with everyone after the holidays.  It seems like a long, long time since we've stamped together.

Today I'm going to show you a card made with one of the free Sale-a-bration sets that you can earn with a $50 purchase.  It's called "Sky is the Limit" and it is only available until February 15th.  Then on that date, Stampin'Up! will unveil some new Sale-a-bration goodies.  This will keep the Sale-a-bration offerings fresh! 

OK, let's get to the card...



As you might remember, I'm not a huge fan of masculine cards.  I much prefer the flowery girly cards that I can send to my daughters, my sister, and my friends.  But once in a while, we all have a need for a masculine card.  With Valentine's Day as the next "holiday" on the horizon, I decided to make a masculine Valentine.  The sentiment "You send me soaring" is part of the set, along with the  bi-plane and the smoke that's in the shape of a heart. The set also includes some other sentiments, including "The Sky is the limit." "Happy Birthday," and "Congratulations.  This would be a great card for someone who's newly married to give to her husband.  If  you've been married for 45+ years like I have, maybe a more appropriate sentiment would be something like  "You drive me crazy."  I'm sure that some of you out there can relate!

The colors I used are Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, and Early Espresso.  I stamped in Early Espresso and added the burlap ribbon for a bit of masculine texture.  The Tiny Triangles embossing folder adds more interest. 

I hope I'll see you at one of my upcoming events during Sale-a-bration, which goes until March 31st.
Have a great weekend, everyone!
Susan



No comments:

Post a Comment