Friday, January 15, 2016

Bloomin' Love,Stampin'Up!

Whoop de do... it's Friday!

What big plans do you have for the weekend?  I thought we were going to have a visit from the Seattle gang this weekend, but a couple of things came up that they cannot miss, so our belated Christmas has been put off once again.  Can you believe we will be opening our gifts in February now?  I'm seriously tempted to just save everything and re-gift it next year.  I'm sure the grandchildren wouldn't approve of that plan!

Have you noticed how quickly January is passing by?  Valentine's Day will be here before we know it, so if you are planning to make some hand-crafted cards for family and friends, now's the time to start planning.  Of course, Stampin'Up! has got you covered!  Just check out pages 16-17 of the new Occasions catalog and you'll fall in love with the new "Love Blossoms" suite of products.  This suite is anchored by a new stamp set called Bloomin' Love and there's also a great 6x6 stack of designer paper called Love Blossoms. 
A beautiful heart thinlit die, some gorgeous Blushing Bride glimmer paper and an embellishment kit round out this collection of goodies.

Let me show you a pretty and feminine card that I made using these products...



The colors I used for this card... Rose Red and Blushing Bride... were taken from the DSP.  I started with a white card base, then added a panel of Rose Red that I embossed with the Happy Heart embossing folder.  I cut a banner shape from some of the DSP, wrapped the front panel with some white satin ribbon, then added the stamped image.  I punched some flowers from Blushing Bride glimmer paper and added them to the heart which is stamped in Rose Red.  As always, this card is much prettier when seen "up close."

I would love to show you and your friends how easy it is to make this pretty card.   I've still got room on my calendar for your stamping party, where you'll get the freebies, so please let me know if you'd like to be the owner of some great new stamps!

Well, friends, I think we've come to the end of my post.  Whatever your plans for the weekend, I hope you'll leave a little time open for creativity.  There's nothing more relaxing and rejuvenating than allowing yourself  some time to play with your stamps, ink, and paper.

Happy weekend, everyone!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment