Wednesday, January 13, 2016

A party without cake....

Hey there,stampers! 

It's Wednesday, and you know what that means.  It means that I'm sitting down at my computer on Tuesday night, wracking my brain for clever things to say about my card so that you'll have something to see this morning.

I hope you don't feel too disillusioned, but I always write my blog posts ahead of time, then schedule them to be published on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.  I find that it is easier to do a series of posts all at once, because once I start writing, it's just easier to keep going.

Today I'm going to show you a birthday card that you could use for almost anyone, with a change of color.  Take a look and you'll see what I mean...




I would never suggest giving a Melon Mambo card to a guy, but if you replaced it with Crushed Curry or Mint Macaron, then it would be totally acceptable for a man.  This card uses a lot of new products in the "It's My Party" Suite on pages 4-5 of the new Occasions catalog. 

There's new DSP, a new embossing folder, a new set of mini-punches, a new stamp set, and even some new baker's twine.
My favorite thing in the suite is this saying..."a party without cake is just a meeting."  If you think about it, doesn't a cake really "make" a party?  Cookies or pie just don't have the same impact as a cake!  And being a confirmed cake-a-holic, I insist on having a cake at any birthday party I'm hosting.  Of course candles and balloons are must-haves as well.

The designer paper, also called It's My Party is full of prints that would work for anyone... stripes, dots, stars, candles, confetti, balloons.  None of the designs are gender-specific or even age specific, which makes this paper so very versatile.  It will be your "go-to" paper every time you need a birthday card. 

OK, stampin' peeps, that's my post for Wednesday, January 13, 2016.  Please come back on Friday and I'll have more stamping inspiration for you.

Hugs and happiness,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment