Monday, January 18, 2016

Flowering Fields, Stampin'Up!

Hey there, stampers! 

It's Monday once again, although I'm guessing that many of you have the day off since it is Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.  Of course when you're retired like me, every Monday is a day off!

We had a great time stamping at Donna's party on Saturday and I'll share one of the cards we made on Wednesday.  Today I'm going to show you the first card I made with the free Sale-a-bration set called Flowering Fields.  It is a "line art" set... one that you can color.  What I especially like about this one is that while you color in the flowers and leaves, the images are quite small so it doesn't take forever to do the coloring.  I'm really into instant gratification and I would hate to spend 10-15 minutes coloring a flower.  While I'm not wild about this card, I decided it was worth a view.  What do you think??




I wanted a nice warm, bright color, so I chose one of my current favorites... Calypso Coral.  I used some of the matching DSP (that you can also get as a free Sale-a-bration item) for the bottom part of the card.  Then I stamped some of the flower and leaf images on the panel above.  I covered the seam between the two with some Calypso Coral seam binding.  The sentiment is from Cottage Greetings on page 94 of the big catalog.  I love the font in this set and it goes so nicely with the style of Flowering Fields.  The DSP in the background of this photo is one of the patterns in the coordinating Wildflower Fields collection.  Isn't it great how Stampin'Up! helps us with stamps, paper, and accessories that go together so beautifully? It makes creating a pretty card so much easier! 

By the way, I used the new archival Basic Black ink (page 28 of the Occasions catalog) to stamp the flowers.  This ink is permanent, so it is perfect for use when you're going to add color.  It dries quickly and won't smear... yay!

That's about it for my Monday post. I'm writing this post on Sunday night and Devoted Downton Abbey fan that I am, I'm getting ready to watch this week's episode.  What will we do on Sunday nights once this season is over?  I feel sad just thinking of it!  I guess I can always use the time on Sunday night to write an extra-long post!

Hope your week is off to a great start!
Stamp something pretty today!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment