Wednesday, January 20, 2016

More Flowering Fields

Hey there stamping friends!

It seems a little strange to be thinking about flowering fields, but I suppose at some point this rain will stop, the sun will come out and there will once again be flowering fields.  I have a feeling that we have quite a bit more winter to get through before we can enjoy the sight of flowering fields. So, in the meantime we'll have to get a little dose of springtime from the new Stampin'Up! set Flowering Fields. It's one of the free sets you can earn with a $50 purchase.

I wanted to show you the clean and simple card we made with this set at Donna's party last Saturday morning. 


I wanted something warm and sunny, so like the card I showed you on Monday, this one features Calypso Coral.  There's something about Calypso Coral that makes me think of a tropical vacation and who couldn't use one of those about now? 

We used the Dots for Days stamp (page 129 of the big catalog) to create our own dotted background.  This is a great stamp to have because you can make great dotted paper in any color combination you can imagine.  The flower was stamped with the new archival Basic Black ink.  It is a permanent ink, so it's perfect for coloring because it won't run when it gets wet.  We used Teeny Tiny Wishes  (page 95 of the big catalog) for the sentiment and everyone got to choose their own. With 24 different sentiments to choose from, there is one for every possible occasion.  Every sentiment in the set fits with the Word Window Punch.  How easy is that?  Some Calypso Coral Thick Baker's Twine (page 158 of the big catalog) was perfect to tie on the sentiment.
Fresh, bright, and springy... just the perfect antidote to a gray, rainy, and blustery day.

Well, my friends, I've got to get back to work.  I'm in the middle of cutting all of the paper for my class on Sunday afternoon.  I'll be back on Friday with more stamping inspiration.  Try to stay dry!
Hugs and happiness,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment