Monday, January 25, 2016

Botanical Gardens Suite

Hello Stampers!

We are supposed to enjoy a day without rain today, just like yesterday only with a bit more sun.  I'm hoping that actually happens!  I recently got a new pair of sunglasses and I haven't had an occasion to use them yet, so maybe today's the day when I'll need to wear them... one can hope!

The new product suite called Botanical Gardens ( pages 26-27 of the Occasions catalog) uses some rather unconventional colors in the coordinating designer paper... Basic Black, Cajun Craze, Hello Honey, and Mossy Meadow all seem more suitable for fall than for spring. However, there are a couple of designs in the package that are quite perfect for spring and I used one of them to give this card a fresh spring-y look.




The predominate color here is the lovely Mint Macaron... which is a minty green with a blue cast to it.  I love how fresh and clean this  looks!  I used some Hello Honey for the three-layered flower, which I cut with the Botanical Builder dies. If you click on the card to make it larger, you can see that the centers of the tiny flowers in the DSP are Hello Honey, so naturally I chose to repeat that color with the flower and one of the background panels.

 That curvy-curly "thanks" is from the Cottage Greetings stamp set on page 94 of the big catalog. I'm really quite picky about fonts... some I love, some I cannot stand.  With me, there's not much middle ground when it comes to fonts, but this one is one of my favorites. 

As always, I sincerely hope that your week is off to a smooth and happy start.  Unfortunately, no one has figured out how to put a day on rewind so we can start over.  If you are having "one of those days," just do the best you can with what you've got.  That's all anyone can expect from you.  Oh, and while you're at it, be kinder than is required, not only to yourself but to everyone.  Kindness is important and there's not enough of it going around these days.

I hope you've enjoyed the card and that you'll come back on Wednesday to see what I've dreamed up.

Hugs and happiness,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment