Monday, January 11, 2016

Another masculine card with "the sky's the limit!"

Helloooo Monday!

How is it that Mondays seem to roll around so very quickly?  On Thursdays I start getting excited for the weekend, then it's Friday, then ... blip!... it's back to Monday again.  Don't you wish there was some way to slow down the passage of time on Saturday and Sunday?

It was a busy Saturday here at Stampin' Central, with 29 stampers attending my Occasions catalog and Sale-a-bration Kick Off.  We ate, chatted, laughed, stamped, and had a very nice time.  If you missed out on attending and would like to get an Occasions catalog, please contact me and I'll make sure to get one to you.

Since I showed you a masculine card on Friday, I thought I'd continue with that theme today.  My plan is to get these masculine cards out of the way so we can get back to the fun stuff... the flowery cards I prefer.  My apologies if you are a big fan of masculine cards.  Somehow they just don't float my boat, although I know that they are necessary.



This would be a great card for a guy who's graduated, who's been promoted at work, is starting a new job, or maybe even retiring!

For the background I used the Watercolor Wash background stamp, stamping in Soft Sky.  The sentiments are stamped in Early Espresso, as is the biplane.  The base of the card is Early Espresso, with a Lost Lagoon panel on top.  I used some 5/8 inch striped cotton ribbon in Lost Lagoon.  The woven stripes on this ribbon have a nice crisp look which reminds me of a pinstriped shirt... perfect for a masculine card.

May the week ahead be a good one for you!  I hope you'll be able to squeeze in a little time for creativity.  Heaven knows we all need a break from the mundane realities of life.  It's hard to be thinking about the chores that need doing or the bills that need to be paid when you are absorbed in the creative process.  So get out your stamps, ink, and paper and have some fun! You deserve it!

Hugs and happiness,
Susan



No comments:

Post a Comment