Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Yikes! Thanksgiving is Tomorrow!

Hey there, stampers!

How are the Thanksgiving preparations going?  Hope you've got everything under control and that your turkey is ready to go.  Once upon a time I ordered a fresh turkey from a fancy market in Lake Oswego.  I was having company for dinner and I wanted the turkey to be perfect.  I picked up the turkey the day before Thanksgiving and it seemed to be just what I ordered... a fresh, not frozen, turkey.  When I was preparing to put it in the oven on Thanksgiving morning and was removing the packet of giblets from the cavity, I discovered that the darn thing was frozen inside.  What could I do but put it in the oven?   When I checked it a couple of hours later, the turkey was floating in several inches of water!  I drained it off and continued roasting, but that turkey was more boiled than roasted and of course the gravy was pale and sickly looking...definitely not the way I had planned for things to turn out!

OK, I'm sure some of you have some holiday disasters of your own to relate.  We'll have to trade stories sometime.  Meanwhile, let's talk stamping for a minute or two before I have to run.

Here's another card I received as a swap last weekend.  It uses the extremely popular Wonderland stamp set that's on page 23 of the holiday catalog.  This is one of the stamp sets that's on the discontinued list, so if you'd like to add this beauty to your collection, now is the time!





This card is by a stamper who chose to remain anonymous, as there was no name attached.  I love how she added a lot of sparkle to the card with Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper, Basic Pearls, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, and a while gel pen.  I'm sorry all that sparkle and shine didn't show up so well in the photo.

Is your tablecloth ironed?  Your flowers arranged?  Maybe you'd better go check that turkey and see if he's fully thawed.  Don't be like me!
Have a great day tomorrow, but don't "gobble til you wobble!"  
That's never a good idea!
Hugs,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment