Friday, November 13, 2015

Lighthearted Leaves Stampin'Up!

Friday is finally here and I'm excited!

Let me explain why.  Later today I'll be driving up to a Stampin'Up! event that's being held at the Clark County Events Center.  It's called OnStage and we were lucky enough to get an OnStage event in the Portland/Vancouver area.  There are local events like this one being held in many locations around the US, but the OnStage Live event is in Brussels Belgium.  Since I really didn't want to travel to Brussels, I'm happy that our area was chosen for one of the "local" events.  We probably won't be having another such gathering in our area for 5 or more years.  

I'm going to attend a dinner and special training tonight and then on Saturday, the OnStage event happens.  Gatherings like this are always so much fun, and to add to the excitement, attendees get the new Occasions Catalog AND the Sale-a-bration brochure.  While that might not sound exciting to you, demonstrators are super excited to see the new products and stamp sets that are coming up in January.  We'll also be receiving one of the new stamp sets in our bag and there will be prizes given out as well... things like designer paper, punches, and other products.  I'm hoping I'll be lucky enough to win something fun!

OK... enough about that!  Let's get to today's card.



This pretty card was made using the Triple Time stamping technique.  Notice how the leaf images are stamped across all the layers of the card.  If you'd like the measurements for each stamped layer and its corresponding mat, please email me at sjrstamps@gmail.com and I'll send you the directions.  
I used the Lighthearted Leaves stamp set from the holiday catalog and stamped on Very Vanilla card stock with Old Olive, Hello Honey, and Cajun Craze ink.  The sentiment comes from the same stamp set and was punched out with the 2 inch circle punch.  The ribbon is the 5/8 inch Chevron ribbon on page 158 of the annual catalog. I just turned it over so the solid side shows.  The chevron side was a little too busy for this card, which already has a lot going on.

It's time for me to finish packing for my overnight trip, so I'll say goodbye for now.  I will have some fun new cards to show you when I return, as I'll be swapping at this event.  Have a great weekend, everyone!
Hugs,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment