Friday, November 6, 2015

Embellished Ornaments Stampin'Up!

Friday already???

If the rest of the month goes by as quickly as this past week has, we are all in trouble!  I'm going to have to sit down with my calendar and a pad of paper and map out the rest of the month so I can have a chance to accomplish all that needs to be done before Thanksgiving.   Are you in that same boat with me?  A little planning now can save your sanity later!  

In case you didn't attend my Countdown to Christmas #1 class, I'm going to share two cards today that use the Embellished Ornaments stamp set and the coordinating Delicate Ornaments Thinlet Dies, both shown on page 15 of the holiday catalog.

Here's the first card...



Notice that there's not one bit of stamping on this card... it's all done with the Big Shot, the Softly Falling embossing folder (p. 24) the Delicate Ornaments Thinlit dies (p, 15), and the Christmas Greetings Thinlits Dies (p. 34).  
The colors I used are my favorite Christmas combo... Mossy Meadow and Cherry Cobbler.  And when the gold foil paper is added, the festive factor is over the top!  

Here's the second card...



This one uses one of the greetings from the Embellished Ornaments stamp set, but most of the color and design comes from the Merry Moments DSP that you can find on page 143 of the annual catalog. This type of card is called a Double Gatefold Card.  It isn't difficult to make.  It just involves a little scoring and cutting.  I'd be happy to email you the instructions, so please let me know if you'd like me to send them along.  
The sentiment was stamped in Cherry Cobbler, then cut out with one of the Lots of Labels Framelits (p. 173, annual catalog).  Then a mat was cut from Cherry Cobbler card stock, using the framelit that was one size larger.  The Thick Baker's Twine bow is adhered with a glue dot. Of course only the left side of the label is adhered to the card.  Otherwise the card couldn't be opened!  

That's all for today, stampers!  I hope you are looking forward to a relaxing weekend ahead!  I won't be relaxing, but I WILL be stamping, stamping, stamping, and that's my kind of fun!
Hugs and happiness!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment