Monday, November 9, 2015

Lighthearted Leaves Stampin'Up!

Rainy days and Mondays always make me smile!

OK... I know that 's not how the song goes, but we need the rain and Mondays are nice!  Especially when you are retired and you don't have to jump out of bed and into the shower, then into the car!
I had a stamp-y good weekend, how about you?  Did you get to do one or two things that you enjoy?  I certainly hope so!

This week I'm going to be sharing the cards we made at my Give Thanks class on Saturday.  So if you attended the class, my apologies for not having new cards for you.  But I thought the rest of my readers needed to see the cards we made.

Here's the first one... a quick and easy card, but with a fun little twist.  



I will be the first to admit that I didn't come up with this idea on my own.  I saw a similar card on the internet, then decided that it was something I'd like to try.  I used the Leaflet Framelit dies to make a couple of stencils from the heavier kraft paper that's on page 148  of the annual catalog.  I stamped two of the leaf images from Lighthearted leaves in black ink, then lined up the stencils over the stamped image and daubed on some Delightful Dijon and Cajun Craze ink with sponge daubers. The saying is from the Acorny Thank You stamp set that's in the holiday catalog on page 45.  After the stamping was done, it took just a couple of minutes to layer the stamped panel onto the Basic Black and Cajun Craze panels.  The result is a quick and easy card that's perfect to send to friends and family for Thanksgiving.  

I'm off to Curves now to do my Monday workout.  I sometimes have a hard time making myself go on Mondays, but once I'm there I'm always happy to get it out of the way, so I can move on to more pleasant things, like stamping!
Make your Monday a good one!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment