Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Lighthearted Leaves Stampin'Up!

Hello my friends!

Happy Hump Day!  After today you are "over the hump" and coasting toward the weekend.  However, there's no coasting going on over  here.  I'm busily working on getting everything ready for Friday Night's Paper Pumpkin Pizza Party and Saturday's Give Thanks class.  I hope you are signed up for one or the other, or maybe both. It's going to be a "stampendous" weekend, with Nicole's party on Sunday too.  

I'll be quick about today's post because my "to-do" list is threatening to take over my life.  I just loved this card design the minute I saw it on Janine Tinklenberg's Stamps Paper Scissors blog.  Of course I changed a few things like some of the colors, the ribbon, and the sentiment, but the basic design is Jan's.
Here's a peek...



I used the Lighthearted Leaves stamp set from the holiday catalog (page 44) and stamped them in Tangerine Tango, Blackberry Bliss, and Island Indigo.  I stamped the sentiment (from the set For All Things on page 87 of the annual catalog) in Island Indigo and then tied on some Island Indigo cotton ribbon.  This makes a great Thanksgiving card that has a fresh and clean look.  It's quite a departure from my usual Thanksgiving colors of Cajun Craze, Delightful Dijon, Cherry Cobbler, and Early Espresso.

Why not pick out a ribbon color that you like, then use that color for your sentiment and some of the leaves, along with a couple of coordinating colors to make a card like this?  If you're going to mail the card, you could substitute some Linen Thread for the ribbon.  That way, you won't have a lumpy knot to cause postal problems.

May the rest of your Wednesday go just the way you want it to!
Hugs to all,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment