Monday, September 21, 2015

Your Presents Stampin'Up!

Hey there, stampers!

How was your weekend?  Don't you wonder how long this beautiful weather can possibly last?  It seems strange to me to be showing fall and holiday cards on my blog, while I smell the neighbor's barbecue wafting in my open window and hear ducks quacking on the pond like it is mid-summer.  

This past weekend was the last weekend of Summer 2015, as fall officially starts on Wednesday, September 23rd.  While I've allowed seasonal cards to take center stage recently, this week I'm going to give you a break and show you some general cards.
After all, people still have birthdays, still need encouragement, and still need to know you're thinking of them.  Next week, I'll again feature holiday-themed cards for Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.  There are so many great stamp sets and accessories in the Holiday Catalog that I could go from now until Christmas and not show you all of the amazing cards that could be made.


Here's my non-holiday card for today...



Even though this is a birthday card, it is made from a set in the Holiday Catalog called Your Presents (page 32). This is actually one of the make-and-takes we made at the Stampin'Up! Convention in July.  The happy birthday sentiment is from the Tin of Cards stamp set on page 110 of the annual catalog.  I love the clean and simple look of this card and love how just a few sequins and some silver cording add a bit of sparkle.  And see that pretty striped envelope?  That was made with the new envelope paper (page 149 of the annual catalog).  It is the perfect weight for making envelopes and with the Envelope Punch Board (page 150, annual catalog), you can make envelopes in tons of different sizes, so you are no longer limited to standard sized cards!  You are free to make tall, skinny cards, oversized cards, square cards, teeny tiny gift cards, and every size in between.  Best of all, the Envelope Punch Board is super simple to use.  Just let me know you'd like to try it out and I'll show you just how easy it is to make your own envelopes!  
Well, my friends, that wraps it up for Monday!  Lucky me... I get to get a crown today!  I wish it was a stampin' crown for being the Stampin' Queen, but alas, it is just an extremely expensive crown for one of my aging teeth.  Isn't getting older just a barrel of fun?  But, as the saying goes, "any day above ground is a good day!"
Hope you're having a good day too and that your work week has started off on a happy note!
Hugs and happiness!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment