Wednesday, September 9, 2015

The Wilderness Awaits, Stampin'Up!

Hi there, stamping friends!  

While I mentioned on Monday that I'd be showing some fall cards this week, I guess today's card isn't strictly a fall card since it doesn't feature leaves, trees, acorns, pumpkins, or any other typical fall images.  However, I think it definitely has a fall vibe, especially since the dominant colors are Mossy Meadow and Cajun Craze.  

If you're like me, you can come up with a floral card blindfolded and with one hand tied behind your back.  Floral, feminine cards are my strong suit and I'm pretty sure that's true for most of the female stampers I know.  Coming up with a masculine card.... now that's a difficult task, made even more difficult because many of the embellishments I usually add (glitter paper, ribbon, lace trim, bows) are off-limits on a masculine card.  The lack of these "pretties" makes this card seem a little plain to my girly eye, but I'm betting that a guy wouldn't miss those things at all.  Another "plus" to this card is that it's nice and flat, so no lumps and bumps to deal with at the Post Office.

After all this yammering, I guess you probably would like to see the card, right?



The first thing you need to know is that this is a Z-fold card.  You start with a half sheet of Cajun Craze card stock (5 1/2 by 8 1/2), then score it at 2 1/8 and 4 1/4.  The Mossy Meadow plaid paper is from the Merry Moments Designer Series paper collection on page 143 of the annual catalog.  It reminds me of a plaid flannel shirt, so I thought it was perfect for a masculine card.  The hunting dog is from the set "The Wilderness Awaits" on page 86 of the annual catalog. This set has some great images for masculine cards, including a fox, a deer (or is that an elk or a moose?) and a mallard in flight. I stamped the dog and the sentiment in Early Espresso.  I'm not great at coloring, so I opted to keep it simple, but you certainly could add some color with your ink pads and a blender pen.  

If the weather man is correct, we should be having some warmer days for the rest of the week, so I'm planning on grilling some chicken and cutting into the watermelon that's been waiting in my fridge for a warm day.  Enjoy, because we know that the blustery days of fall rains are not far off!  
Hugs and happiness,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment