Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Acorny Thank You, Stampin'Up!

Howdy, Stampin' Peeps!  Can you believe that today is the very last day of September?  I don't know about you, but I would like a re-run!  The weather was so beautiful and I'd like to experience it again so I could wring out every bit of beauty to store up for the coming winter.  Too bad we can't do that, isn't it?

I've got a really corny card for you today.  Well, it's actually a-corny.  Take a look and you'll see what I mean...




This great Thanksgiving card is the work of Shannon Carrier, one of the stampers I meet with on a monthly basis for our Stamp2gethers.  She used the Acorny Thank you stamp set from the Holiday catalog on page 45.  She stamped the acorn in Hello Honey and the acorn cap in Blackberry Bliss.  Using the matching Acorn Builder punch (also on page 45) , she punched out the two images and layered them on the card with dimensionals to add depth.  
The card base is Very Vanilla and then layered on top of the base is a panel of Crumb Cake card stock with a hole cut out using the 2 1/2 inch circle punch.  The sentiment is from the same set and the little banner was cut out by hand. If you happen to own the Bitty Banner Framelit dies, you can cut the banner out with those and save yourself the work of "fussy cutting."   Some of the new striped cotton ribbon in Blackberry Bliss completes this quick,easy, and cute card.  
Thanks, Shannon, for allowing me to share your work with my readers!  
Stay tuned, stampers, because I've got more inspiration coming right up on Friday!  Until then, stamp something pretty!
Hugs and happiness,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment