Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Snow Place, Stampin'Up!

Hey there, stampers!  
I don't want to alarm anyone, but Christmas is sneaking up on us while we're busy with back-to-school activities and looking forward to cool fall weather, wearing sweaters, raking leaves, and drinking Pumpkin Spice Lattes.  

The fun stamp set I'm showing you today has a perfect saying for all of us who tend to forget that the Christmas holidays are only weeks away... "Snow Way! It's Christmas already?"

Here's a card I made with this set...



You can see this cute set on page 33 of the Holiday Catalog.  There's the penguin, plus two snowmen and tons of accessories so you can dress them up, such as a top hat, a Santa hat, a scarf, a tie, ear muffs, buttons, a bow tie, a candy cane AND an ice cream cone.  Of course there's a set of Framelits so that you can cut everything out easily with your Big Shot.  

To make this card, I cut a square hole in a sheet of card stock to make a mask and sponged through the hole with Soft Sky ink to create a square background.  Then I stamped the snowflakes from this set in Pool Party, which is just a shade darker than Soft Sky.  I stamped the penguin in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink, then cut him out with the matching framelit.  The scarf and candy cane were stamped in Real Red and also cut out with their matching framelits. 

 If you're a fan of cute Christmas cards, then this just might be the set for you!  If you're into more elegant Christmas cards, then I have a card that I think you'll love when you come back on Friday.  I'll hope to see you then for another Classic Card.
Hugs and happiness!
Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment