Monday, September 14, 2015

Howl-o-ween Treat, Stampin'Up!

Hi stampers!

Well, it's a new week and time for a new card!  

I've got a little granddaughter, Allie, who just turned 4.  She's a sweetheart and she loves owls.  So when I saw the cute owl in the Howl-o-ween Treat stamp set (page 49 of the Holiday Catalog), I knew I'd be purchasing that set, just so I could make some fun owl cards for her.  If you are a fan of owls, you're going to want to add this set to your stamp collection.  The images in this set are more cute than scary and the large "trick or treat" sentiment would be perfect for stamping on treat bags.

It seems like people either love or hate Halloween.. there doesn't seem to be much middle ground.  I think of it as a fun and harmless holiday that's "all about the candy."  Kids love to dress up and love sweets and I don't see Halloween as anything more than a fun tradition for kids.  So in the spirit of innocent fun, here's a cute card for Halloween...



The colors in this photo are really "off" and I apologize for that.
I'm not sure why my camera went so wacko on this one. 
The colors here are Tangelo Twist, Rich Razzleberry, and Old Olive.  Has anyone else noticed that many Halloween decorations feature the combination of orange, purple, and green?  Of course there's usually some black thrown in there somewhere too.
The Designer Series Paper (DSP) is called Happy Haunting (page 47 of the Holiday Catalog). The sentiment, from the very versatile set "And Many More" (page 105 of the annual catalog) was stamped in black.  It's difficult to see, but I used some plastic googly eyes to make this owl a bit more fun.  I stamped Mr. Owl in Rich Razzleberry on Whisper White, then cut him out by hand.  Of course there are framelits to go with this set, but I just haven't purchased them yet.  

I'll be making more cards like this... one for each of the grandchildren.  I'm hoping that their moms will save my hand-stamped cards.  At some point in their lives I hope the grands will appreciate these hand-stamped tokens of my affection.  

Thanks for visiting my blog today.  Hope your week is off to a smooth start!
Hugs and happiness,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment