Friday, September 25, 2015

Birthday Blossoms Stampin'Up!

Hello Friday!  
Are you ready for the weekend?  I think I've got all my (stampin') ducks in a row for tomorrow's Fall in Love with Stamping class.  The paper is cut, the house is almost set up, and the treats are cooling on the counter (Pumpkin Spice cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream Icing.... yum-o)! 

Looking back on the cards I've posted this past week, I think I should have billed this week as Watermelon Wonder Week, as each of the cards featured Watermelon Wonder as the dominant color.  I used to choose Calypso Coral when I wanted a warm, bright color, but since Watermelon Wonder came into my life, I've been loving this rosy, happy color!  It is one of the new In-colors this year, which means we'll have it next year too, and then it goes away to be replaced by a new In-color. Waaaa!  I want to keep this color forever!  Knowing that it won't be around too long, I plan to use this color a lot.  Oh, I guess you'd like to see the card?!?  Here it is...



I used the Sweet Li'l Things DSP  (also showed on Wednesday) on this card, along with Watermelon Wonder, Tip Top Taupe, Delightful Dijon, and Whisper White card stock.  I stamped the flowers from Birthday Blossoms in Watermelon Wonder ink on Watermelon Wonder card stock, then punched them out with the coordinating Pansy Punch.  The ovals were cut with the Oval Framelits.  The flower centers were punched from Delightful Dijon card stock with the tiny flower from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack (page 166 of the annual catalog).  I used some of the new Dotted Lace Trim (page 159) and the new White Perfect Accents (page 161) to dress up this girly card.  I'm sure you've got a friend, aunt, grandmother, daughter, niece, or neighbor who'd love a card like this!  While you've got your stamps out, why not make several in different color combinations?  Then when a birthday rolls around, you'll be prepared with a great card!

Whatever you've got planned for the weekend, I hope it includes a little time to be creative with stamps, ink, and paper!  There's no better therapy than a little time spent stamping!

Hugs and happiness!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment