Monday, September 28, 2015

Among the Branches, Stampin'Up!

Whew!  What a busy weekend!  It was all stamping, all the time this past weekend, and while I'm a bit tired today, it was fun!

This afternoon I'm meeting with my SOS stampers (Stamp Out Stress) at Symposium Coffee in Old Town Sherwood.  We meet the last Monday of the month at 1 pm in the upstairs conference room.  We chat, drink coffee, and make 2 cards/envelopes. The cost is just $5, plus I encourage a beverage purchase since they let us use the room without charge.  If you'd like to get out of the house and have a little creativity break, we'd love to have you join our fun group of stampers for a little therapy session.  There's nothing that de-stresses like crafting and being creative!

Since it's now officially fall (as of last Wednesday), I thought I'd stick to fall cards this week.  Today's card is one that we made on Saturday at my Fall in Love With Stamping class.  It got a "wow" from everyone at the class, but it so simple to make.  Here, let me show you...



I just love how the birch trees show up as white against the Crumb Cake background.  This look is achieved by brayering Crumb Cake ink on the inside of the Woodland embossing folder (page 39 of the holiday catalog). Apply the ink to the side of the folder that has the Sizzix logo on it.  Then just place the paper inside the folder, close it, and run it through the big shot. Voila... the white trees are raised from the Crumb Cake background!  
The leaves and birds are from the coordinating stamp set called Among the Branches, also on page 39 of the holiday catalog.  

There are lots of great backgrounds that you can make by using a rubber brayer (a rubber roller on a handle) to apply ink to the inside of an embossing folder.  If you don't have a brayer, you definitely need one.  Check out page 163 of the annual catalog to see one.  It's a great tool to have and it's only 12.50.  

OK, stampers, that's my post for Monday, September 28th. If anyone can tell me where the month of September went, I'd really appreciate it!  Wasn't Labor Day just a week ago?  Who do I need to speak with to get the rest of my month back?  

Enjoy this fabulous sunny fall weather!
Hugs and happiness,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment