Friday, September 11, 2015

Farmer' Market, Stampin'Up!

Friday is here!  
I've been working like a little beaver all week, getting ready for the Holiday Catalog Kick-Off tomorrow.  The paper is cut, the boxes are full of the stamps, ink pads, and punches.  The tables will be set up today and I'll also be doing some cooking today in preparation for Saturday.  There's a lot to do, but when the doorbell rings on Saturday morning at 10am, I'll be ready!

Today I want to share a fun fall card with you that I'll be presenting at an upcoming event, which for now will remain my little secret.  I don't like to say in advance what we're making because I think a surprise is fun.  But this card is definitely on my agenda for an event later in the month.  



Tomatoes and corn say summer to me, while apples and pears say fall.  So when I saw this pretty pear paper in the Farmer's Market Designer Series Paper collection, I knew immediately that I would be using it for a fall card.  I used Hello Honey and Old Olive card stock, colors pulled directly from the DSP.  I wanted a pear to use as a landing spot for the sentiment, but there's no pear framelit in the Stampin'Up! catalog.  So I simply drew a pear, traced it onto Hello Honey card stock and cut it out.  A stem in Early 
Espresso, and a leaf in Old Olive make it look a bit more realistic and sponging around the edges with Early Espresso makes it look a bit more rounded.  

The sentiment "Thanks for being you" is continued on the inside of the card with
"Always kind, always giving, always there."  This is from a wonderful set of sentiments called "Me=Grateful" on page 17 of the annual catalog.  If you are blessed with the kind of friends and family who are always there for you, who have seen you through some dark times, who bring food when you're sick... then you NEED this set to express your gratitude for their love, support, and thoughtfulness.  

OK, my friends, I'm off to continue working on my Holiday catalog Kick-off tomorrow.  If I won't be seeing you tomorrow, I hope you have a great weekend!
Hugs and happiness,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment