Friday, July 31, 2015

Beautiful Bunch and Flower Shop Stampin'Up!

Golly!  It's Friday again already and also the last day of July!  Where did this month go, anyway??  

For the next several weeks I'll be showing you some great cards I received as swaps at the Stampin'Up! convention.  I've been home for a week, so I think it's time I got started on showing off some convention swaps.  Of course, I'm not going to show you everything I received as swaps.  That would take forever, so I'm just going to be showing you my favorites.  I'll be putting all of the swaps on my display boards and you'll have plenty of time over the next year to look at them and photograph the ones you like best.  

The card I'm showing you today is one that I swapped with my friends from the Kansas City area.  I met these fun ladies at the Hotel Monaco and we've reconnected each year at convention.  We always do a "wow" card swap with each other.  What makes a "wow" card?  It is difficult to define, but to me a "wow" card is something a bit out of the ordinary.  Maybe it has a special fold, more embellishments, or is unusual in some way.   Here's one of my "wow" cards for the Monaco swap...




This three panel card isn't at all difficult to make, but it would be really difficult to describe how it is made.  I would love to show you how easy this is at your very own stamping party, where YOU will get the hostess freebies!  The large flowers (from Beautiful Bunch) are stamped on Whisper White card stock in Calypso Coral ink and punched out with the Fun Flower Punch. The center of the flowers is Early Espresso ink, as is the sentiment.  The base of the card is Daffodil Delight and the smaller flowers are stamped with the Flower Shop set in Daffodil Delight on Whisper White card stock and then punched out with the Pansy Punch.  The leaves are punched from Mossy Meadow card stock with the Bird Builder Punch.  That cute scrolly sentiment is from the Cottage Greetings stamp set. 

No comments:

Post a Comment