Monday, July 20, 2015

Petite Petals Stampin'Up!

Hi there, stampers!

As some of you know, I recently had a birthday and so for this week (and part of next week) I'm going to be sharing the amazing cards I received from my fellow demonstrators at our July Stamp2gether.  I know you will find each of the cards inspiring. 

Here's the first one I'd like to share with you, by Mary Peterson...



Isn't this just the best card ever?  I'm totally impressed and will be using this design soon!  Let me tell you a bit about how she made this darling flower pot card.

The colors of card stock are:  Whisper White, Early Espresso, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, and Cajun Craze.  The flower pot is embossed with the new Boho Chic embossing folder.  The flowers are from the Petite Petals stamp set and were stamped in Cajun Craze ink on Daffodil Delight card stock and then punched out with the Petite Petals Punch.  The centers of the flowers were punched from Early Espresso card stock with the 1/4 inch hand-held punch.  The leaves were punched from Old Olive card stock, using the Bird Builder Punch.  

To make the flower pot, I would just sketch it out on a scrap of light weight cardboard, like the kind that comes in each package of designer paper.  Once you like your sketch, cut it out and use it to trace onto Cajun Craze card stock.  Then cut it out and run it through the Big Shot with the Boho Chic embossing folder.   Although there are lots of little flowers, they'd be fairly quick to stamp and punch out.  Now gluing everything... that will take a while!  Thank you again, Mary, for this great card!  And thank you for allowing me to share it on my blog. 

Well, stampers, that about does it for today.  Hope your week is off to a happy start!  Please come back on Wednesday when I'll share another birthday card with you.  You're going to love it!
Hugs, 
Susan



No comments:

Post a Comment