Monday, July 6, 2015

Awesomely Artistic Stampin'Up!

Hi there, stamping friends!

Hope your weekend was just what you needed... lots of active fun times or quiet and restful days.  I hope you spent part of your day on the 4th contemplating the blessings of liberty and feeling thankful for our amazing country.  Even with all of our problems, we are still blessed to live here.  

Here's the card du jour... using my new favorite stamp set Awesomely Artistic.



I had planned to use this for Coffee and Cards, but then decided on another card instead, so I don't think anyone has made this one yet. 
If you are a fan of "clean and simple" cards like I am, then this will float your boat!

The colors of card stock are Very Vanilla and Soft Suede.  For ink I used Mint Macaron, Crumb Cake, and Early Espresso. I stamped the fern fronds in the Mint Macaron, and the grungy dots and burlap texture were stamped in Crumb Cake.  The dragonfly was stamped in Early Espresso, then cut out by hand and adorned with a single pearl.  Some Linen Thread adds a nice bit of natural texture to this nature-themed card.  

You, too, can be awesomely artistic with the help of this great new stamp set, which you can see on page 125 of the new catalog.  Every stamped image on this card comes in the set, including the dots, the burlap texture, the word "friend," two different sizes of fern fronds, and the dragonfly. In fact, I didn't use two of the images, so you can see that with a total of 9 stamps, this really is a workhorse of a set that you will use over and over.  With a simple substitution of a different sentiment, this could be a beautiful sympathy card, a birthday card, a thinking of you card, or a thank you card.  

Well, my friends, I'd like to stay and chat longer, but I'm off and running today.  I'm busily preparing for my Techniques on Tuesday class that's on July 7th at 7 pm at my house.  I've got just one spot left if anyone is interested.  This time we're doing Fun Folds.

Thanks for stopping in today and please come back on Wednesday for another classic card.
Hugs and happiness,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment