Friday, July 10, 2015

Birthday Blossoms Stampin'Up!

I'm back!  And so are you!
Thanks for coming over to check out Friday's card!

This is just one of the FIVE cards we'll be making at my annual Birthday Bash, which is happening on Saturday, July 18th.  It's going to be a fun afternoon of stamping, cake, ice cream, and prizes!  Everyone who attends will get a party bag as well, so you won't want to miss this!  Unfortunately, I've got just one spot left, and two people who are "maybe's," so if you'd like to attend, please let me know asap.

OK, onward to the card!



The stamp set I chose is called Birthday Blossoms and when I saw it in the new catalog, I knew it was a "must-have" set.  I loved the flower, and when I saw that I could use my Pansy Punch to punch it out, I ordered it right away!   I was going for a warm, summery look, so I used Delightful Dijon for my background and textured it with the Decorative Dots embossing folder.  The flowers were stamped in Jet Black Staz-on ink on watercolor paper and then colored with Delightful Dijon and Pumpkin Pie ink and an aqua-  After the paper was dry, I punched out the flowers with my Pansy Punch.  The leaves were colored with Mossy Meadow ink and cut out by hand.  I used dimensionals to pop up the flowers and leaves from the surface of the card.  

While I love the summery look of these colors, this card could also be beautiful in any one of a number of colors.  How about trying it in Watermelon Wonder or Calypso Coral or even Rich Razzleberry?  With all of the fabulous colors in the Stampin'Up! palette, there are dozens of colors that would make a gorgeous card.  And of course you could vary the sentiment and make it into almost any type of card you'd like, except for a masculine card.  I'm sure there are some males out there who might be gardeners who might love flowers, but it is one of my rules never to use flowers on a card for a guy.  

May the weekend ahead be relaxing, or exciting, or refreshing, or whatever you want it to be.  Enjoy, because summer won't be here forever!
Hugs to all,
Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment