Friday, July 17, 2015

More English Garden!

Hurray for Friday!

I've been working like the proverbial beaver, getting ready for my annual Birthday Bash tomorrow.  The class is full and I'm excited!
We are making FIVE birthday cards, and here's one of them...



Just for something a bit different, this card is a 4 1/4 inch square card.  It still fits in a standard envelope, so there's no extra postage involved.
I'm using that great English Garden DSP again!  It is my hands-down favorite DSP in the new catalog.  Check it out at the bottom of page 142.  As usual, the tiny picture of the rolled pages just does not do justice to the beautiful designs.  The colors I used are taken directly from the paper.... Hello Honey, Soft Suede, and for the flower, Rose Red.   I used the Fun Flower punch to punch out two  flowers then layered them one on top of the other. I used the 7/8 inch Scallop Circle punch and the 3/4 inch Circle Punch (both on page 165) for the flower center.  Again, I used the small sentiments from Banner Banter (page 101).  I love how their small size lets them be used as flower centers.  With a quick change of sentiment, this could become a thank you card, a Valentine, a gift card, or a baby card.  

Well, my friends, I need to wind this up and go put the finishing touches on tomorrow's class.  I hope the weekend ahead will be a great one!
Hugs to all!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment