Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Happy Birthday, Everyone Stampin'Up!

Hi stampers and welcome to Wednesday!

Today's an exciting day for me.  As you are reading this, I may already be in the air, on my way to Salt Lake City where I'll be attending the annual Stampin'Up! Convention.  But no worries... I've got blog posts all lined up for you while I'm gone, so you'll have plenty of stamping inspiration.

Today's card is by Stephanie Perry.  She has her own blog at www.stefperry.blogspot.com and she makes the most beautiful cards.  Take a look at my birthday card and you'll see what I mean...



My photograph doesn't do this elegant card justice.  The stamp set is a discontinued hostess set from last year's catalog, called I Like You.  The sentiment is from a new hostess set in this year's catalog called Happy Birthday Everyone.  
The base of the card is Basic Gray.  The next layer is Calypso Coral.  The top layer is watercolor paper.  The flowers were stamped in Jet Black Staz-On , then very skillfully watercolored.  
The sentiment was stamped in Versamark ink, then embossed with Black Embossing Powder.  Last, Stephanie added a very light wash of Soft Sky ink to the entire focal panel.  The results are just lovely!
Thank you, Stephanie, for allowing me to share your card on my blog!
I'd love it if you'd consider hosting a stamping party at my house.  Then you could get this great birthday set as part of your hostess freebies.   It's a very versatile set, in that it has the following phrases that you can add to the basic  "happy birthday" sentiment:  love, to you , to my darling, to a good friend, to a wonderful man, to an amazing woman.

Thanks for stopping by today!  Hope your Wednesday is going well!
Hugs,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment