Monday, July 13, 2015

Garden in Bloom Stampin'Up!

Hi there stampers!    Welcome to a new week at The Classic Card.

Well, what did you think of our weekend weather?  I have to say that I loved the cooling trend!  It was much easier to work upstairs in my stamp room, which tends to get too warm in the afternoons and evenings when the weather is super-hot. I'm thankful that I was able to get a lot of work done!  July is one of my busiest times as a demonstrator, as I'm working to get a new stamping year off to a good start and preparing for the big Stampin'Up! convention (July 23-25th).  I hope your weekend was fun, or relaxing, or productive...whatever you needed it to be!

Here's my Monday card...



 Isn't this a fun card?  This is one of my swap cards for convention.  I made about 40 of them... some in Calypso Coral and some in Bermuda Bay.  This version, in Cherry Cobbler, is one of the cards we'll be making at Coffee and Cards on Wednesday, July 15th at 10 am at my house.  This cute stamp set is called Garden in Bloom  (page 119 of the annual catalog).  It's a two-step stamping set, but I opted to use just the solid flower image, not the outline image.  Normally, you'd stamp the flower outline in black or a darker color, then fill in with the solid stamp.  However, I loved how the solid image looked on its own, minus the darker outline.  The sentiment says "hope you're feeling special today..." and then for the inside, the sentiment says "because that's just what you are!" 
The flower is stamped in Cherry Cobbler, the leaves in Old Olive and the flower center in Crushed Curry.  The bee and sentiment are stamped in Early Espresso and the be is colored with Crushed Curry marker.  Some Thick Baker's Twine in Cherry Cobbler adds the finishing touch.  This card is quick, easy, and fun!

Thanks for paying me a visit!  I know how busy Mondays can be... lots of catching up to do after a weekend.... so I appreciate your time today!  Please come back on Wednesday for more stamping inspiration.
Choose happiness!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment