Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Butterfly Basics Stampin'Up!

Hello again!  

Thanks for coming back to visit on this warm Wednesday.  I'm hoping that we're going to be cooling down, as the weather forecast indicated earlier this week.  Wouldn't a cooling breeze be invigorating?  As many of you know, I'm somewhat of a "worker bee" and I work more energetically when I'm not too hot.  Once I get overheated, I tend to slow down.  I can see why people in hot climates take an afternoon siesta.  I've been known to give up and snooze now and again when it is super hot.

But enough about me! Let's get to the card, shall we?




Here's another card with a nature theme... this time showing off the great set Butterfly Basics. The funny thing is, though, that there's not a butterfly in sight!   This pretty monochromatic card is the work of Shannon Carrier, one of the stampers in our Stamp2gether group.  She used the new In-color Tip Top Taupe for the ink, card stock, and the lace trim.  It might be a little difficult to see, but she twisted the lace trim to coordinate with the distressed edges and sponging, which give the card a vintage vibe.  

If you'd like to distress the edges of your card stock, simply run the blade of some fairly sharp scissors along the edge, being careful not to cut yourself.  The paper will be roughed up and you'll achieve a nice rustic look. Of course if you own a Stampin'Up! distressing tool, you are good to go.  Unfortunately, those were discontinued a few years ago.  

Thanks, Shannon, for allowing me to share your pretty card!


I love this card in Tip Top Taupe, but it would also be beautiful in Pear Pizzazz or Wisteria Wonder, or even Elegant Eggplant or Night of Navy.  What color would you choose?  

Big thanks to everyone who reads my blog.  If you'd share it with another stamper or two or three, that would be great.  I'm always looking for new readers and new customers.  

I'll look forward to seeing you back here on Friday!
Hugs and happiness,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment