Friday, June 12, 2015

Summer Silhouettes Stampin'Up!

Yippee skippee!   Friday's here again!  
I think today's the last day of school for many teachers and kiddos!  I've only been retired since 2008, so I still feel a bit giddy when this day rolls around each year.  And of course I still feel a bit let down when school starts again in the fall and I'm not part of the excitement.  
In honor of the advent of summer vacation, I thought I'd share this summery card with you, made with the stamp set Summer Silhouettes.  This is one of my very favorite stamp sets and when it retires, which thankfully it hasn't, it will find a spot on my shelf of "keepers."  
This bright and pretty card was designed by Mary Peterson, one of the great stampers in my downline.  Each of us made one of these at our demonstrator meeting on May 27th.  I just love how these two new In-colors look together... Watermelon Wonder and Cucumber Crush.  Check it out and you'll see what I mean.



The base of the card is Tip Top Taupe, and we used it to sponge around the focal circle and the sentiment, which is from Banner Banter on page 101.  The flowers and leaves are stamped in Watermelon Wonder and Cucumber Crush.  The black dots on the flowers are just a couple of tiny circles, punched from Basic Black card stock.  The strip of Watermelon Wonder card stock was embossed with the very versatile Decorative Dots embossing folder, which is my "go to" dot folder, now that Perfect Polka Dots has been retired.   Thanks so much, Mary, for letting me share your card with my readers.
What is on your agenda for the weekend?  Camping?  Going to the beach?  Or maybe you're like me and plan to stick around close to home.  Whatever you've got going on, may it be relaxing and rejuvenating!  
I hope you'll come back on Monday for more stampin' ideas.
Happy weekending everyone!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment