Friday, June 26, 2015

Sprinkles of Life Stampin'Up!


Yay!  Friday is here!  

Got exciting plans for the weekend?  I'm hosting a stamping class... Watercolor Wings... and I'm excited to show my customers this fabulous three-step set that makes the most beautiful multi-colored butterflies.  I'm planning on sharing those cards next week, so don't miss them.  For now, I want to share the final card from my first Techniques on Tuesday class.  This card was probably the most fun of all to create, as it involves making marbled paper using shaving cream.  Check it out...



I'm sorry this is a bit out of focus.  You all know by now that I'm not a photographer!  And there's not much to be said for my little digital camera either.  Still, I think you can see enough detail to grasp the look of this card.  

To create the marbled ice cream scoops, we used shaving cream and ink refills. First, squirt some shaving cream onto a plate.  Smooth it out a bit, then drop some ink onto the surface.  Use a knife or craft stick to swirl the color around, then smush a piece of cardstock into the shaving cream.  Remove the paper, and scrape off the shaving cream using a spatula.  Voila!  Marbled paper!

To create the random pattern on the Pink Pirouette panel, we used marbles, a stamp box, and a Pink Pirouette refill.  Place a few drops of ink in the bottom of the box.  Pour in some marbles.  Roll the marbles around and around in the ink.  Open the box and tape the Pink Pirouette panel inside the top of the box.  Close the box, flip it over and roll, roll, roll those marbles around!  Open the box and remove the paper.  

We used the ice cream cone image from the new Sprinkles of Life set (inside back cover of the new catalog).  It was stamped in Hello Honey on So Saffron card stock.  There's no punch that coordinates with the ice cream cone, so we cut it out by hand.  Then the scoops of ice cream were punched out using the Tree Builder Punch that coordinates with Sprinkles of Life. The sparkling cherry on top was punched from glimmer paper using the Cupcake Builder punch, which includes that cute tiny cherry.  The sentiment says "Hope your day stacks up to be one good thing on top of another."  
This card just looks good enough to eat!  

Well, stampin' peeps, that brings another week to a close.  Thanks for being my readers.  If you can share my blog with other stampers, I sure would appreciate it!  May the weekend ahead be filled with happy times!
Hugs,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment