Monday, June 8, 2015

Friendly Wishes Stampin'Up!

Hey there, Hi there, Ho there!  It's Monday!

So, what did y'all think of our hot weekend?  I have to admit that we "wimped out" on both Saturday and Sunday afternoons and turned on the a/c.  On Saturday, it was truly necessary, as I had a house full of stampers at my New Catalog Kick-Off.  I feel an obligation to my customers to keep them cool and comfortable.  On Sunday I was laboring upstairs in my stamp room and it was just too, too hot up there without the a/c running.  It is hard to think, let alone be creative, when it's over 80 degrees.  It looks like summer might have actually arrived!  I'm ready... how about you?

As promised, I've got more new stuff to show you, so here's today's card, courtesy of Kathy Milano. 



Kathy designed this card and we all made it at our last demo Stamp2gether.  The stamp set is Friendly Wishes (page 122 of the new catalog) and the designer paper is called Bohemian.  The colors in this collection of paper are:  Bermuda Bay, Blackberry Bliss, Island Indigo, Delightful Dijon, Rich Razzleberry, and Very Vanilla.  Kathy used Delightful Dijon for the base of the card.  The scallops along the left-hand side of the designer paper strip were created using the 3/4 inch circle punch and just lining them up under the edge of the strip.  Clever!
We colored directly on the stamp with markers to get the different colors of letters in the word "best."  Some sponging with Bermuda Bay ink around the circle that was cut with one of the Circle Framelit dies makes it stand out nicely.  This is one of those "gender neutral" cards that we all need to have in our stash.  That way, we're not paddling through a sea of girly cards, desperately searching for something that would be OK to send to a guy.  Been there?  I've been in that situation more than once, but I still gravitate to the flowery stamp sets.  

Thanks for visiting with me today and I hope you'll be able to stop in on Wednesday for more stamping inspiration.
Monday hugs,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment