Monday, June 22, 2015

By the Tide Stampin'Up!

Helloooo Stampers!

It's the very first Monday of Summer 2015!  I'm excited because I'm trying out some new stamping events this summer.  In an effort to expand my stamping business beyond Saturdays and Sundays, I'm offering events during the week.  Tomorrow will be my first
"Techniques on Tuesdays" class and it's going to be a bit crazy! We're going to be using all sorts of strange items to create our cards... things like rubber bands, marbles, shaving cream, and drywall tape, just to mention a few.  You might be thinking "those cards are sure going to be ugly!" but I think you'll be surprised at how the cards turn out.  Scroll down a bit to see one of the cards we'll be making.




This beachy card uses the By the Tide stamp set that carried over into this year's annual catalog.  The card stock colors are So Saffron, Calypso Coral, Pool Party, and Soft Suede.  The ink colors are Basic Gray, Soft Suede, Calypso Coral, and Pool Party.  That great netting in the background is drywall tape.  It is so easy to use, as it is already sticky on one side.  Just apply it to your card and it sticks like magic!  You can pick up a roll at Home Depot for about $7.  You might want to split a roll with a friend, as there is a LOT on each roll.  

The watery background is easy to create.  I just popped the roller out of my brayer, wrapped it with rubber bands, rolled it on my Pool Party stamp pad, then lightly rolled over the paper, which creates the wavy lines.  It couldn't be easier, but what an artistic effect!  Be sure to remove the rubber bands right away, or you'll have a permanently indented roller for your brayer.  That wouldn't be a happy thing!  

Well, my friends, I'm going to bring this to a close, as there are just a few things on my "to-do" list today.  Hope you are enjoying the sunshine and summery weather.  Please come back on Wednesday for more stamping inspiration!
Hugs and Happiness,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment