Friday, June 5, 2015

An Open Heart Stampin'Up!


Hi again!  Thanks for coming back to visit with me today!  Are you ready for the weekend?  I'm excited to be hosting my New Catalog Kick-Off tomorrow (Saturday), with a morning session from 10-noon and an afternoon session from 1 to 3 pm.  I hope I'll see you!

Today's card features some of the new In-colors with a set that is returning to the annual catalog.  I'm so thankful that An Open Heart was not retired, as I love that little bird and the beautiful branch, not to mention the accompanying words.  Check this beautiful set out in its new home on page 25 of the new catalog.



This lovely card is the work of Janet Jones,  a talented member of my downline and another one of our Stamp2gether participants.  For our swap this month we all used Sketch #37 from Freshly Made Sketches.  If you're stuck for a card layout, go to freshlymadesketches.blogspot.com and you'll have a wealth of sketches from which to choose.   Janet used Tip Top Taupe for her card base, with a vertical strip of Delightful Dijon and some Watermelon Wonder for accents.  That's some of the new Dotted Lace Trim peeking out from the Delightful Dijon strip on the left-hand side.  The bird and branch are stamped in Tip Top Taupe, as is the sentiment, which is from the Tap,Tap, Tap stamp set on page 104.  I love how this little bird is holding some Linen Thread in her beak!  She's obviously in nest-building mode!  Thanks, Janet, for the great card!

Well, my friends, that wraps up another week at The Classic Card!
Now that I've received my shipment of new treasures, I'll be showing you more, more, more new cards... just as quickly as I can make them!  
Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!
Hugs,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment