Monday, June 15, 2015

Floral Wings Stampin'Up!

Howdy, Stampers and a happy Monday to all!

I hope your weekend was wonderful in every way!  And if it wasn't wonderful... well, at least now it's over and you can move forward.
I thought the slightly cooler weather was delightful, didn't you?  
I love summer and sunshine, but we needed a little more time to adjust from cool to hot.  

How are you liking the new Stampin'Up! catalog?I have too many things on my "must have" list, but that's nothing unusual!  I received an order on Thursday and have more new goodies to play with.  One of the hostess sets that really caught my eye is called Floral Wings.  You can see it at the back of the catalog at the top of page 180.  It's a three step stamp set.  First you stamp the butterfly image, then you add the flowers and then for the third step you add the leaves.  
Here's how the butterfly turns out when you're all finished...



Isn't that cool?  Once I had the butterfly stamped, I used the Bold Butterfly Framelits to cut it out. The card stock colors I used are:  Basic Black, Whisper White, and Calypso Coral.  The designer paper is called Pretty Petals and you can see it on page 144.  This mini-paper stack measures 6 x 6 and has some of the prettiest patterns I've ever seen.  The ink I used is Tuxedo Black Memento Ink, Calypso Coral, and Old Olive.  I used the new Elegant Dots embossing folder and the Ovals Collection Framelits for the ovals behind the butterfly.  I thought the butterfly looked a bit naked, so I added the row of tiny pearls to the center,  If you'd like to mail a card like this, it would probably be a good idea to leave the pearls off. Or, you could mail it in one of those bubble envelopes. That works too!
I'm busily getting ready for Coffee and Cards on Wednesday.  If you'd like to attend, I've got 3 spots left.  Please come back on Wednesday when I'll have another stampin' idea for you,
Monday hugs,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment