Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Best Thoughts Stampin'Up!

Hi stampers!

There are sooo many new things I want to show you, but I can't do it all at once.  The new catalog is here and I hardly know where to begin in showing you all of the great new goodies that are available to play with this year!

First of all, let me start by saying that the new In-colors are amazing.  Those people at Stampin'Up! really know their stuff when it comes to colors.  When I first saw the colors, I have to admit that it wasn't love at first sight.  But that's just me.  It takes me a while to warm up to new colors.  Now that I've been using them, I love them!  One of the best things is how well they work with existing Stampin'Up! colors.  

Here's a pretty card I received as a swap at a recent demonstrator meeting.



This card is the work of Kathy Milano, one of our Stamp2gether participants.  Kathy's cards are always well-composed.  For this beautiful card, Kathy used the new host set called Best Thoughts and the gorgeous new Watermelon Wonder (one of the new In-colors).  I believe that large bloom resembles a rhododendron, but I'm open to your suggestions as to what it might be.  She used the large flower and stamped it in Watermelon Wonder on Watermelon Wonder card stock to create the flowery background.  The mats of Basic Black behind the background and the focal panel make the colors "pop." She stamped the sentiment in black Memento ink.  Don't you just love that font?   Kathy also used some of the new Dotted Lace Trim to add a feminine touch to her card.  Thanks, Kathy, for letting me share your card with my readers!

I've got many more new stamps and goodies to show you, so please come back to The Classic Card on Friday, when I'll have another card to inspire you.  
Hugs,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment