Monday, March 2, 2015

Bunny Time

Hi there stampers and welcome to another week at The Classic Card!  With all of the spring-like weather we've been enjoying lately, my thoughts have definitely taken a turn in that direction.  Before we know it, Easter will be here, so now's the time to get our collective acts together and prepare for it.  To help you with that, I've got a fun Easter card for you today.  Take a peek...



This fun card uses the single stamp Happy Easter Bunny on page 35 of the Occasions catalog. To make the card base,  I cut two of the scalloped ovals in Soft Sky card stock, using the Ovals Collection Framelits.   To adhere the two Soft Sky ovals together, score one of the ovals straight across the top, 1/2 inch down from the top.  Apply sticky strip to the area above the score line, then line up the two ovals and press together.
Then I stamped the bunny in Staz-On black ink on Whisper White card stock.  I cut Mr. Bunny out with a slightly smaller oval and colored the image with my regular Stampin' Write markers.  I used Blushing Bride, Pear Pizzazz, So Saffron, and Soft Sky, but of course you could use any of the Soft Subtles colors you like.  With a minimal amount of coloring, this card was quick and easy to put together, so making multiples won't be a problem.

If you don't already own this cute stamp and would like to purchase it,  please send me a quick email at sjrstamps@gmail.com and I'll order it for you on Saturday, when I'm holding my Avian Artistry class. It is only $11.95, but what a cute card it makes!

Thanks for reading my blog. May the week ahead be a good one!
Stamp something pretty today!
Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment