Friday, March 6, 2015

A Birthday Bouquet

Hi again, friends!
Is anyone else excited that Friday is here?  I love the weekends, because it means I get to stamp, stamp, stamp with some of the nicest people on earth... my wonderful customers!  

Tomorrow is my Avian Artistry class, where we're going to "put a bird on it."  Every card has at least one bird and some have more than one.  It's going to be a fun morning!  

I don't know how you feel about tulips, but they're one of my very favorite flowers.  And today I have a pretty spring card that has a whole bouquet of tulips.  Scroll down just a bit and take a peek...




This quick and easy card uses the Love is Kindness single stamp on page 32 of the occasions catalog.  It comes with a sentiment attached which says "The essence of love is kindness, " which is a quote from Robert Louis Stevenson.  I thought the stamp would be a whole lot more versatile with the sentiment cut off, so I got out my trusty rubber-cutting scissors and carefully snipped away that sentiment.  I then mounted the sentiment on an extra wooden block and now I can use it whenever I want and I have the tulip bouquet to use alone.  
The colors I used are Pink Pirouette for the background (textured with the Decorative Dots embossing folder),  I stamped the tulips on a Very Vanilla panel in Tuxedo Black Memento ink, then colored with tulips with my Blendabilities in Pink Pirouette and Calypso Coral.  The stems are colored in Pear Pizzazz.  The birthday sentiment is from Label Love on page 14 of the annual catalog.  A couple of mats cut from Calypso Coral card stock add a nice pop of color and some dimensionals lift the two elements off the surface.  And there you have it.... a pretty spring birthday card, sure to brighten the day of a friend, neighbor, co-worker, or relative. Spread a little love and happiness around with your hand-stamped artwork!  Heaven knows that this old world could use a little more love and happiness.
Have a relaxing weekend!  
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment