Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Wedding Wednesday


Hey there stamping friends!  Thanks for coming back to see what I'm up to today on The Classic Card.  

I think I'm almost past the wedding phase of my life. How about you?  When was the last time you attended a wedding?  My children are married, my relatives are married, and almost all of my children's friends are married by now.  I haven't attended a wedding in years!  But I know that some of you out there in stamping land still go to weddings, so today I've got a wedding card for you.

When I saw the lovely stamp sets and designer paper on pages 42 and 43 of the Occasions catalog, I knew I "needed" some of these gorgeous products. Check out my card and then I'll quickly mention the products I used.



I just love the understated look of Sahara Sand and Whisper White together... very neutral, but elegant.  I used the beautiful "Something Borrowed" designer paper that's on page 42 of the Occasions catalog.  The entire package is done in Sahara Sand and Whisper White in various designs.  I stamped in Sahara Sand on a piece of Whisper White card stock and then cut it out with one of my Label framelits. To make it stand out from the busy background, I cut another slightly larger label from some Sahara Sand card stock.  The sentiment is from the "For the New Two" stamp set that's at the top of page 43 in the Occasions catalog.  A couple of large pearls and some satiny Organza ribbon (page 206 of the annual catalog) add a "wedding-y" touch to the card.  Yes, I know.  There's no such word as "wedding-y,"  but I was an English major so I can get away with creating my own words, can't I?  

OK, I think that's enough silliness for a Wednesday, don't you?  
I'll let you go so you can get back to whatever important things you're busy doing today.  Please come back on Friday for more stamping ideas.
Hugs and happiness,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment