Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Versatile with a capital "V"

Hey there, stampers!
Thanks for coming back to The Classic Card this fine Wednesday.  I'm continuing my series of spring-like cards today, and will be doing so for many days to come.  There are sooo many occasions that happen in the spring... Mother's Day, Father's Day, weddings, new babies, graduations, Easter, and of course birthday cards and thank-you notes are always needed.

I just love the fresh look of this card.  Take a look for yourself and then tell me if you agree.




I had a feeling that I had already blogged about this card, but couldn't find it anywhere, so I guess I haven't featured this one yet.
I used the Crazy About You stamp set that appears on page 31 of the occasions catalog.  When combined with the Hello You thinlet dies shown on the same page, this stamp set is Versatile with a capital "V!" Using the "hello" thinlet I cut the word from a Party Pennants shape (page 232of the annual catalog).  If you'll look at the top of page 31 in the occasions catalog, you'll see that I basically copied the sample that Stampin'Up! provided, with a few minor changes. 

The colors I used are Pistachio Pudding, Calypso Coral, Blushing Bride, and Whisper White.  This card would be just as fun if it said "hello spring,"  "you make me happy," or any one of many, many greetings that can be created with all of those words.  When you cut the word out from a shape, you have both the cut out word and the negative space to work with.  I can just see this card in Pool Party and Daffodil Delight! What spring color combination can you come up with?  

Well, stampers, that's it for today!  I'm off to cut paper for my Avian Artistry class which is coming up this Saturday, March 7th at 10 am.  I've got one spot left if any of you are interested.  

Have a great Wednesday!  Oh and don't forget to stamp something pretty today!
Susan                                                                                                                                                                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment