Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Bright Birthday

Hi again!  
Thanks for coming to visit today. Hope your Wednesday is off to a great start!  Today I've got a bright birthday card to share with you.  We all send birthday cards more than any other type of card.  Everyone has a birthday every year like clockwork, so of course that is the most-needed type of card.  So when you find yourself in need of a quick and easy birthday card, I've got just the thing for you...



The colors here are Daffodil Delight, Bermuda Bay, and Tangerine Tango.  I used my Scallop Tag Topper Punch to make the tag, then stamped it with the Big Day stamp set, one of the free stamp sets you can get free with a $50 purchase during Sale-a-bration, which goes until March 31st.  I stamped in Bermuda Bay ink, added Tangerine Tango candles, and then colored the word "cake" with a Daffodil Delight marker.  The flowers are punched out with the petite petals punch, while the centers of the flowers are punched with a regular hole punch.  The Tangerine Tango twine adds a nice pop of color to the card. To make this card more guy-friendly, simply remove the flowers and perhaps substitute some buttons in their place.

Now let me show you the inside of the card...



Isn't this fun?  The card opens up into a box-like shape, then when you close the card, it flattens out again.  If you'd like to try making  a box card, please email me at sjrstamps@gmail.com and I'll send you the directions.  It's not at all difficult, I promise!

I hope you'll come back on Friday to see another bright and happy birthday card.  Then you can get busy stamping up some birthday cards of your own.  That way, when a birthday pops up, you'll be ready with a bright and beautiful hand-stamped card that says you cared enough to send the very best... art from your heart!
Hugs and happy stamping,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment