Friday, February 27, 2015

It's Not Too Early!


Happy Friday to all of my stampin' friends!  
Are you ready for the weekend?   I've got a lot of stamping going on, so that is a happy thing!  This weekend is just going to be party, party, party!  I hope you've got some fun things planned too!

A while back I purchased the new Berry Basket Bigz Die because I thought it was so cute and it was a nice size as well. It's big enough to hold a reasonable amount of treats, but not so big that you have to break the bank filling it. It is a great size for cookies, a single cupcake, candy, nuts... all sorts of goodies.  You could also cut it out in lightweight cardboard and use it as a real berry basket for your home-grown strawberries or blueberries.  

I had a different idea for the berry basket, and it's not too early to start working on these so you'll be ready on April 5th when the Easter bunny comes hopping down the bunny trail.  



Wouldn't your Easter table look cute with one of these little guys at each place?  You could add a little banner with each guest's name so that they could serve as a favor and a place card all rolled into one.  Or you could make some for the neighborhood kiddos, your grandchildren, and even your adult children.  Everyone loves a sweet treat at Easter... even grandmas and grandpas!  

I'm happy to report that putting the berry basket together is a breeze.  It comes out all cut and scored, so all you have to do is fold, glue, and staple.  You can see it on page 21 of the Occasions catalog.
I used Pool Party card stock for the basket.  One sheet of card stock makes one basket, so you won't go broke making these.  I used two 2 3/8 inch scallop circles for the bunny's face.  The ears are two of the large ovals.  I sandwiched the ears between the face circles, so Mr. Bunny would look good from the back as well.  I sponged all around his face and ears with Pink Pirouette ink, then used the small heart from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack with 3 glue dots on the back of it to hold his whiskers in place.  I punched his eyes out with an ordinary hand-held hole punch and added a little "gleam" to them with my White Chalk Marker. Last, I drew on a mouth. Be sure to use a couple of pieces of Sticky Strip to adhere the handle to the basket.  You don't want the handle to come loose under the weight of all those Cadbury Eggs and Jelly Bellies!

Give me a call or send me an email message... I'd love to order a Berry Basket Die for you.  I've seen them decorated for all sorts of holidays... Halloween, Christmas, Valentine's Day... the possibilities are endless.  They also make a perfect holder for some cute little 3x3 gift cards... the kind you attach to a shower, wedding, or birthday gift. 

Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog today.  I hope your Friday goes smoothly and that the weekend ahead will find you relaxing and having fun!
Hugs to all,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment