Friday, May 17, 2013

Remembering my Mom...

Hello Stamping Friends,

I'm sorry I missed posting on Monday and Wednesday, but here I am, back with you again on Friday.  I got a phone call last Friday from my sister letting me know that my mother had suffered a small stroke.  At first it didn't sound too serious, but then another call the next day confirmed that I needed to fly down.  My mom  passed away peacefully on Tuesday evening.  She was 97 years young.  She was attended by some wonderfully skilled hospice nurses, who kept her pain-free and peaceful.  My mom was an amazing role-model for her children and grandchildren and of course we're saddened by her loss.  But more importantly, we are inspired to live the way she lived--joyfully, energetically, boldly, lovingly, generously, compassionately, and adventurously.  She was quite a character!

Since I haven't been home long enough to stamp with my new goodies, I'm going to show you one of my favorite stamp sets that you absolutely NEED!  If you don't have this set already, you need to order it quickly, before it is gone forever.  This is a classic set that I will not be selling in my garage sale, so please don't wait and think you'll snag it there.  If you are a fan of fall, nuts about autumn, or loopy about leaves, then send me a quick email and order this set today.  I will be putting in an order after my Fabulous Flowers class this coming Saturday, May 18th, so if you'd like to avoid the $6.95 minimum shipping charge and add it to my class order, you are welcome to do so!

Oh, I guess maybe I should show you the card, you think?




You might have made this collage-y card at one of my fall parties last year.  I just love the way this turned out! The shadow stamps which form the background were made by trimming pieces of leftover rubber into rectangles.  Then I just adhered them to some clear blocks, inked them up with So Saffron ink, and then stamped the focal panel with them to give a structure or skeleton on which to hang the other images.  I love, love, love the French script stamp in this set, as well as the splotchy dots which give paper a wonderful vintage look. There's even a cool Paris postmark!  Here are the details:

Stamp Sets:  French Foliage, page   86 , item #121166, $14.95 in clear-mount,  # 120845, $19.95 in wood.  The sentiment is from Tiny Tags, page 124, #118592, $16.95 in clear-mount, #118091, $22.95 in wood.
Ink:  Crumb Cake, So Saffron,  More Mustard, Riding Hood Red, Soft Suede
Paper:  Soft Suede, Riding Hood Red, Whisper White
Accessories:  the base of the card was embossed with the Square Lattice embossing folder, page 189, #119976, $7.95.  The little tag was punched with the very versatile Jewelry Tag Punch, page 183, #117190, 12.95.  The tag is tied on with Linen Thread, page 173,  #104199, $4.50 for 15 yards.  By the way, the Jewelry Tag Punch is also on the retired list, so don't delay if you'd like to have this petite tag that is so very versatile.

Thank you for stopping by today.  I hope you have a great Friday and a wonderful weekend!
Hugs,
Susan

1 comment:

  1. Hi Susan:
    I am so sorry to learn about your loss of your Mom. It does sound like she was an wonderful woman. 97 years old Wow!!
    My Mom is only 69 and we have been given the news she may not have much longer with us due to liver cancer. Of course they don't know 100% but to be told that is something we don't want to hear. So far so good though!!
    Once again, I am so sorry to learn the news. Its clear she had a wonderful life and will be missed!!!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete