Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Let's Chase the Gray Away!

Hello stampers and a happy rainy Wednesday to all!

 Thanks for coming to visit The Classic Card today!  I really appreciate your faithfulness in coming back each Monday, Wednesday and Friday to read my blog and look at my cards, especially since there are about a ba-jillion other blogs you could be reading that are way better than mine!  As I have mentioned in the past, I focus on the clean and simple style of stamping, out of necessity.  As a Stampin'Up! demonstrator, I need to be designing cards that are fairly quick and easy to make, especially since there are often newbie stampers at my events.  These types of cards are known among demonstrators at "workshop-able" cards, meaning that they are suitable for use at our stamping parties (we used to call them workshops).
So if you are looking for intricate designs with multiple layers, lots of embellishments, and fancy techniques, you are in the wrong spot.  I try to use color, a good layout or design, and simple enhancements to give my cards a crisp, clean look.

The card I have to show you today will be used for some upcoming stamping parties that will showcase new stamps from the new catalog.  This is a super-simple card that is easy to stamp, but the fun flower image and the bright colors just make me smile.  There's really nothing "over the top" about it... it's just a bright, fun card!  Hopefully these bright colors will chase the gray away!    Please take a look...


Are you a big fan of square cards like I am?  I love the look of a square card, but paying the extra postage that is required for a square card is not one of my favorite things to do.  If you make your square cards 4 1/4 by 4 1/4, they still fit in a regular rectangular envelope and you won't have to pay anything extra.  And who really cares about the envelope anyway?  It just gets tossed (into the recycling bin, of course). 

The stamp set I used for this card is called Morning Meadow.  You can see it on page 203 of the new catalog.  The good news is that it is only $10 in clear mount.  The bad news is, you have to have $10 hostess dollars to purchase it.  Yes, it is one of the new hostess sets for the 2013-2014 catalog year.  This fun set has 5 other great stamps in the set in addition to this flower.  There's even a coordinating punch that punches out the flower.  You can easily get this great stamp set by hosting a stamping party for your friends, family, and co-workers.  You can even have your party at my house, which means a minimum of work for you! Just let me know that you'd like to be a hostess and we'll find a date that works for you!
The colors I used are Calypso Coral, Summer Starfruit, and Bermuda Bay.  The ribbon is the Stitched Satin in Summer Starfruit. 

I'm sorry, but I'm going to be MIA on Friday.  But I promise to be back on Monday with another classic card that I think you'll love.  

Have a wonderful weekend and let's all think sunny thoughts!
Hugs,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment