Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Gingham Garden

Hello there stampers!
It seems odd writing on a Tuesday, but that's what happens when I promised yesterday that I'd catch up with you today.  So... happy Tuesday and happy birthday to my friend and fellow demo Mary!  I'm hoping your day will be relaxing and fun!

In only 3 more days, we'll be able to order from the brand new catalog.  I wish you could see my list of things I'm ordering, but it might be too shocking for you!   There are certain things that I've just got to have.  And I'm sure you are finding things that you feel you must have.  One thing that I think we'll ALL love is the new Magnetic Big Shot Platform.  Your framelits will now stay put when you are cutting out stamped images... no more post-it notes required!  I cannot wait to get my hands on this great new tool!  (item #130658, $39.95, page 184 of the new catalog).

OK... enough chatter!  Let's cut to the card, shall we?



This fun paper is the new Gingham Garden collection of DSP and it is one of the things that demonstrators were allowed to pre-order so we'd have something to make new samples with.  I get quite a few decorating magazines each month and I've been noticing a lot of gingham prints in housewares, fabrics, and paper products.  Stampin'Up! does keep up with the trends, so this is just one more example of their uncanny ability to pick the right trends to follow.  These are the colors in Gingham Garden--  Daffodil Delight, Island Indigo, Melon Mambo, Night of Navy, Pear Pizzazz, and Whisper White
.
Here's what I used to make this bright and happy card:

Stamp Set: Label Love, p. 33 of the new catalog
Ink:  Melon Mambo
Paper:  Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Island Indigo, Gingham Garden, and Whisper White.
Accessories:  Square Lattice Embossing Folder, 2 1/2 inch Circle Punch, 2 3/8 inch Scallop Circle Punch, and the new Artisan Label Punch (page 181 of the new catalog).  This new punch coordinates with the Label Love set.  The ribbon is Pacific Point 1/4 inch stitched grosgrain.

Wouldn't your very best friend love getting a card like this from you?  Due to Memorial Day yesterday, I'm meeting with my SOS group today, so I've got to run.  Hope you'll have a great week (it's a short work week!) and slide smoothly into Friday!

Hugs,
Susan

1 comment: