Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Bye Bye Birdie!

Hello Stampin' Peeps!  Hope your Wednesday is going smoothly so far!

As we're all well aware, there are quite a few (over a hundred!) great stamp sets whose days are numbered. At the end of May, they'll all go away... out with the old and in with the new.  I understand it is necessary for some of the sets to go so that there'll be room in the catalog for new goodies.  Nevertheless, I'm going to miss some of my favorites and the set I'm showing you today definitely falls into the favorites category.  I'm wishing that Stampin'Up! wasn't going to pull the plug on this beautiful set.




I've loved this set (Nature Walk) since I first laid eyes on it.  It was love at first sight!  I guess other stampers didn't love it as much as I did.  Anyway, I'm very sad that this beautiful set is being retired.  In case you didn't attend my Retirement Party last Saturday, this is one of the cards we made.  The card stock colors are Pool Party, Crumb Cake, and Very Vanilla.  I used Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Early Espresso and Pool Party ink.  Oh, and this gorgeous embossing folder, Vintage Wallpaper is being retired as well.  The Crumb Cake strip was embossed using the Woodgrain embossing folder.  Thankfully, that folder is not being retired.  Some of the soft and silky seam binding in Crumb Cake adds a nice finishing touch.

I'm in the midst of lots of end-of-year chores, like making scrap packs out of discontinued DSP and card stock.  Oh my!  My stamp room looks like a huge scrap pile at the moment!  Guess I'd better run and get everything bagged up!  Thanks for stopping by today!  I'll look for you again on Friday when I'll have another classic card for you.

Happy stamping!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment