Friday, May 24, 2013

New for You!

Hey there, stampers!  Happy Friday!

I'm so glad you came back to The Classic Card today!  Now I'm wondering if you might be able to do me a small favor.  Writing a blog on a consistent basis is quite labor-intensive and I'm feeling like I might be doing all this work for nothing.  I do enjoy writing, but quite honestly I have a LOT of other things on my plate and there are many other things I could be doing with my time.  Each time I open a new post, blogger.com tells me that I have 9 followers.  I have written hundreds of posts, but the number of followers has never changed.  I'm hoping you can help me with that by spreading the word about my blog to other stampers.  I would love to have a few more readers.

Today I have another "sneak peek" for you, sometimes known as a "sneak peak" on other blogs where the writers don't know the difference between a quick look and a tall mountain.  I'm sorry to say that spell-check cannot help a person who has homonym troubles.  Sorry I got off track there for a moment.... let's move forward and check out the card.




This is a "stamp once and you're done" type of stamp and I just love it!  It's called Wildflower Meadow and it's just one big stamp.  The easiest way to use it is to lay it face up on your work surface and then pat the ink pad all over it.  Then lay the paper on top of the inked stamp, top it with a piece of scrap paper, and gently rub all over to transfer the image.  Believe it or not, I inked the stamp with Early Espresso and I was quite surprised that it turned out a lot lighter than I thought it would.  The printed paper resists the ink a bit, giving the image a softer look.Here's something to get excited about...  this stamp has a matching embossing folder, also called Wildflower Meadow.  The greeting is part of the Label Love set, which has 7 different images.  The most exciting thing is that there's a matching punch for this set, called the Artisan Label.  The Designer Series Paper I used is called Gingham Garden and the color of this sheet is Daffodil Delight.  I added some of the silky seam binding in Crumb Cake to finish the card.

The new catalog goes "live" at noon on May 31st and I can't wait!  I've got a few spots left in the Summer, Salad, and Stamping event at 11:30 on Saturday June 1st, so if you'd like to join me for lunch, I'd love to have you.  Just drop me a quick email at sjrstamps@gmail.com and I'll save you a spot!

Have a great weekend, everyone!
Don't forget that tonight is my annual hostess appreciation night.  Come and get your free catalog!  If you haven't been a hostess this past year, you are invited to come on Saturday, starting at 9 am to pick up your new catalog!

Happy Memorial Day weekend, everyone!
Hugs,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment