Monday, May 6, 2013

Fun in the Sun


Happy Monday to all the stampers out there!  Wow!  Wasn't that just the best weekend ever?  What fun to get out and about in the sunshine!

I had a great stamping weekend.  First I held my annual Retirement Party on Saturday and then on Sunday I had a fun Cinco de Mayo stamping party with my Hillsboro customers.  These fun ladies dressed up for the occasion  (see the photo on Facebook at The Classic Card).

The weatherman says the good weather is going to continue, so I thought a fun sunny card would be a good one to share. I received this card as a swap at our last Stamp2gether ( a monthly demonstrator event).  This diorama card was made by my talented downline member Janet Jones.  Isn't it just the cutest card ever?? It makes me want to drop everything and make a run to the beach!



The base of the card is Crumb Cake. The hole was punched using the 2 1/2 inch circle punch ( page 185 of the annual catalog).  The sky inside the card is Pool Party.  The "sand" is Crumb Cake which has been torn to give it an irregular edge. The ocean is Pool Party card stock that has been  torn and then sponged with some Island Indigo ink.  The clouds in the background were embossed on Whisper White with the new Cloudy Day embossing folder ( page 28 of the spring catalog), then cut out.  That cute sun umbrella is from the set Sweets for the Sweet ( page 49 of the annual catalog).  It is stamped in Lucky Limeaid.  The sentiment "just for fun" is also part of the Sweets for the Sweet stamp set.  The sentiment was punched out with the Decorative Label punch, given a quick sponge in the Island Indigo and then a sweet little knot of Whisper White Stitched Grosgrain was added for a little extra "oomph."  Thanks, Janet for allowing me to share this great card on my blog!  I'll definitely be making some cards like this for summer occasions.

Thanks for stopping by today!  Please come back on Wednesday as I've got more stampin' inspiration to share with you!  Meanwhile, may your Monday go by smoothly and without undue drama.  If you are lucky enough to have today free, be sure to spend a little time creating!

Hugs,
Susan




No comments:

Post a Comment