Friday, May 3, 2013

Another Favorite Bites the Dust!

Hello Stampers!

How did it get to be Friday already??  The days are just flying by, but that's OK with me because it means that we are getting closer and closer to our wonderful Northwest summer.  Speaking of summer, haven't the last few days been glorious?  I'm a happy camper in my capris and sandals and hopefully I won't have to put them away again!  But seriously, I know better.  I know that May and June can be rainy and even cold, so I'm not going to be too surprised when we get more gray and rainy days.  For right now, I'm just going to enjoy each sunny day that we get!  The Sherwood Farmers Market starts this weekend, as do many markets all around the metro area.  So that's a sure sign that summer is on its way.

Today I'm going to highlight another stamp set that is going away... the wonderful Quint-Essential Flower stamp that you can find on page 110 of the current catalog.  This single stamp only comes in the wood-mount format, but what a versatile stamp it is!  There are five different punches you can use to punch the various layers in this stamp and they're all shown at the bottom of page 110.  Check out my "take" on this set:



I used Midnight Muse and Summer Starfruit ink, along with a little touch of Baja Breeze in the ribbon and the third layer of the flower. The designer paper is from the Comfort Cafe collection which you can find at the top of page 163.  The Fancy Fan embossing folder adds a little texture to the Midnight Muse layer.  For my card, I used only 4 of the punches.  I omitted the 3/4 inch punch.  You can use this flower with so many different sentiments and color combinations... it's quite the little workhorse.  Of course you should not use this flower on a guy card.  You know my rules... it just isn't done!

I've got to run, my friends!  The retirement party is coming up tomorrow, Saturday May 4th at 11am and although the card stock is cut and the supplies are all ready to go, I still have some cooking to do!  Have a super weekend!  Don't forget to come back on Monday for more stamping inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment